We live in a 'tiny' 2 bedroom town house (on a good day it's actually 5 minutes walk from town too). When our last daughter moved out I couldn't wait to get into the room to take over and finally have a craft room. My hubby spent ages building in long 'L' shaped desktops with all sorts of units underneath including a custom made paper rack. He then built in cupboards above and shelves just underneath these - all following the 'L' shape. The smallest fraction of the room was reserved for when the grandkids came to stay by way of bunkbeds tucked as far into the opposite corner as I could get them. It may be a small house but they're double bedrooms.
While a whole room to yourself might sound like a dream come true for many crafters, after several years I now feel like this all dominates the room and I'd like more spare room and LESS craft space.
Why? I have NO wall space to hang my creations up and I'd like to. I have WAY TOO many cupboards that I just fill with stuff I NEVER use. Getting rid of a few would give me display room. And I'm finally ready to seriously reduce my crafting stuff to just what I want and need and maybe minimise this area of the room as much as possible.

This was my purchase today at £7.99 from Dunelm in Ipswich. I have actually always wanted one of these - not for photos as intended - but to use for my cards so I can display my creative work and be inspired when I look at it. I do have at least 3 notice boards but they just get 'junked' up with everything else besides and now I HATE to even look at them!

Just to see how it worked I decided to tuck in a card I am presently working on using those scrummy Cosmo Cricket papers. It has 3 pockets on the front so I still have 2 tags to create and a few more flowers to add as well as a sentiment before it's finished. I'm hoping to make a matching gift item cos I know someone who is owe'd a 'thank you' gift asap (mom I haven't forgotten you).
Right now it's temporarily pinned to my inspiration board but I can't wait to find a permanent home for this baby so I can have lots of cards on display!

While we were back home earlier this year I purchased 2 of these hangers in a little scrapbooking store - the very last 2 she had - otherwise I'd have gotten more at just $2.95 each.
She used them in her store to display both pages (from jump rings) and cards (tucked into the double wire loops). These match the hanging heart perfectly so when I eventually get brave enough to rip the cupboards off the wall I can have a great display area. Then I can get to ripping part of the desk out and move on to prettying up the room for company plus a few other projects Dave and I have in mind for the built in closet.
No comments:
Post a Comment