Friday, 4 September 2009

Christmas Projects in September!

Ok so I know most of you won't quite be thinkin Christmas yet but I HAVE to! I can't design for upcoming classes unless I start thinkin Christmas cos that's what you girlies are gonna be wantin real soon.


With that in mind I got myself in the Christmas spirit by playing around on a simple photo greeting project. This isn't for a class it's just me havin a play.



I had some scrap papers left over that were pretty bright despite being Christmassy so I used these rather than my better ones in case it went wrong. Hey I'm no way PERFECT - I screw up frequently that's why if I make something for the first time I use old papers or scraps. Often this is because I have to work out the measurements, sometimes on a piece of paper and sometimes as I go along.

Closed this measures 4.5" x 6" so with a little trimming off the bottom it will fit a 4 x 6 photo perfectly and still have space for a thin mount behind it.


This is the card opened and I will probably add some text that says something like 'merry christmas from the.....'

I created the card band to keep it closed and to add decoration to the front. The stamp is from a set from YTOC that I will probably be playing with tomorrow when I demo. The snowflakes and the lacey border are Martha Stewart punches and again I shall be using them during my demo.

Jessica if you're checking this out - these would be cute projects for you to make for Christmas!

No comments: