
I bought this nestability bird die several months back but hadn't actually used it. I knew I wanted it but wasn't too sure about how to use it. See - I'm no different to many of you crafters out there - I sometimes buy things and then don't quite know what to do with them.
Anyhow I made these two cards featuring the little birds which I think suit a Christmas theme perfectly - kinda like red robins.

This first one features a glittered circle and red scallop as the base for the bird. Both the red details on the bird and the background papers feature red flocking, especially the stripes. The stamped sentiments are the same ones I have been using since the Thetford Craft Show. This card uses 4 different nestability dies (bird, circle, scalloped circle & ribbon tag). The snowflake is an MS punch and I added 'faux' dewdrops to the centres. I just love these and since I have TONS in my tub I can use as many as I want as often as I want and still not run out!

This second card uses just the one die and MS punch. Both cards feature 'faux' stitching. I had the machine downstairs and yes I could've done stitching for real but I wasn't goin there today. You might just be able to make out the embossed detailing on the paper I used for the wings. This particular paper would be super pretty for a wedding or anniversary card too, not just at Christmas. By the way the wings are made using the smallest bird and rounding off the beak area with scissors.

This is a close up of the stitch detailing. I also enjoyed the little bit of stamping since I could add to the colour scheme even more with minimal stamping - super quick and super easy - that's my kinda crafting!

In this shot you can see the glittered card I used for the circle (used the same for the snowflakes too) and just about make out the flocking on the bird (in red) which turned out to be a nice touch.
Well at least now I can say I've used my bird die and now that I have I might get it out again. If nothing else it'd make super quick and super cute tags on gifts this Christmas and make a nice change from the usual round or rectangle ones. I am also taking quite a liking to these papers now that I've had a chance to use them too.
No comments:
Post a Comment