I decided to make my bean salad that usually gets made a few times each summer and then again at these kind of events cos it's 'cook-free' and pretty easy to make plus it makes LOADS which is perfect for sharing. Dave helped by picking up an inexpensive plastic bowl at the supermarket so I don't have to worry about getting my bowl back. I have lost many a good dish at a church event let me tell ya - and it's soooooo frustrating!

This bowl actually happens to be WAY TOO BIG so it doesn't look like much but it's loads - trust me. This dish is full of yummy ingredients so I thought I'd share the recipe. I really must get a family recipe book done for each of the girls.
The recipe calls for several drained cans of beans. I usually add my favourite kinds such as garbonzo beans (chick peas), red kidney, pinto, aduki, bilotti - any canned beans will work but I like colour variety as well as taste.Add 1 finely chopped red onion, 1 finely chopped red & green pepper, 3 - 4 sticks of celery finely chopped, 1 can drained green beans, 1 can drained sweetcorn and the following dressing ingredients combined.
2/3 cup vinegar
1/2 cup salad or olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons celery seed (or celery salt)
Mix well and leave in the refridgerator to marinate for several hours or as long as you can and then drain just prior to serving.
Serves - LOADS!
No comments:
Post a Comment