Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Emma's Gift

Well I ran short on time and energy and I needed to come up with something quick for Emma's leaving gift today. I had already contributed to the office collection but I still wanted to give her someting handmade and a bit more personal. Something just from me!


I grabbed the box/bag and card I had made for the PT challenge and decided to add something extra to it. I keep a regular supply of things like hard backed notebooks, post it note pads, tins etc in the house for when I need a quick gift item so I grabbed the last of my black notebooks - that was lucky! Let's hope I can remember to grab more next time I'm in the store - memory aint what it used to be ya know.

I had just enough designer paper left over to add to the front - the perfect width but it fell short on length. Necessity being the 'mother of invention' I added some white cardstock which I punched with a MS scallop border punch and then decided I could get away with leaving the rest black for a nice effect. I used the polka dot ribbon to hide the join.

Some super quick embellishing, a few tied ribbons plus a long one on the top as a marker, some gems and her name to personalise it. I filled the bag with some M & S dark chocolate mint truffles which all fit bar one - SHAME - I had no choice but to eat it honest!

It was a quickie job so ordinarily I would've embellished the book a bit more but at least it goes to show it can be done if needs be. Well today is my day off and I have no idea what I will achieve; if anything. I might just clean house some and watch a period drama while I paint up more of those cute little angels. I share my creations with girls at work who are often telling me they wish I'd bring in cards to sell. These angels are so darn cute I think I could easily make a half dozen and take them in and keep them happy.

1 comment:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Hi Suezie,

Thank you SO MUCH for the adorable kit of Hello Kitty supplies that arrived in my mailbox today! I will have great fun with my daughters putting these together. As you can imagine, they are invited to a lot of birthday parties, so the cards will definitely be put to good use. The mini box will be so cute when it's all done up, too.

Thanks again!!

Cindy