Valentine's Day will shortly be upon us and while we don't need a special day to tell someone we love them, I wonder how many of us think of the many different kinds of love we each have in our lives?
There is of course a very special love like that of mother and child. There is the love between a husband and wife. And then of course the love of family and friends.
I am blessed enough to know a further kind of love; the one of a Heavenly Father for His precious child. This love is particularly dear to me, not only because of God's sacrifice even though I don't deserve it; but also because my father died a few months before I was born so I never got to know a Father's love growing up.
I saw this recently on the Dayspring website which is my favourite Christian site for e-cards and wanted to share it. It is entitled 'Your Divine Valentine' and can be found here: http://store.dayspring-store.com/yodivapr.html
Your Divine Valentine
A Valentine may play a love song for you, but God sings you the sweetest love song in the universe.
The Lord your God....will rejoice over you with gladness, He will keep you quiet with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
A Valentine may give you flowers, but God sent you the most beautiful rose of all, Jesus.
I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. Song of Solomon 2:1
A Valentine may take you out to dinner, but God has invited you to the most amazing feast ever given.
Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb! Revelation 19:9
A Valentine may bring you chocolate, but God provides you with something even sweeter, His Word.
How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103
A Valentine may be far away, but God is always with you.
I am with you always. Matthew 28:20
A Valentine may give you something, but God has given you everything.
God gives us richly all things to enjoy. 1 Timothy 6:17
A Valentine may love you for a lifetime, but God loved you before you were born & will love you for all eternity!
Yes I have loved you with an everlasting love...with loving-kindness I have drawn you. Jeremiah 31:3
Written by: Hollie Gerth
No comments:
Post a Comment