Wednesday, 30 January 2008

1 Little, 2 Little, 3 Little Valentine's

I decided this morning to make some VERY quick and VERY simple Valentine's Day cards for my 3 grandchildren. I usually give them some kind of treat and they love opening the cards and pressies.

I simply used 4 stamps to stamp onto white cardstock and then cut them out roughly. Then I mounted these onto coloured cardstock and a further punched white cardstock to create an embellishment block. Once I had the basic block designed I just had to have fun adding it to each card and changing it around a bit.


I made a pink one - for our little Maddycakes obviously.


I made a blue one for my eldest grandson. I kept it almost the same - no arguments that way.

And I made the orange one for my youngest grandson. They should all look pretty cute lined up on the shelf once they open them. Since the front says 'love' I plan to put a liner inside thats says 'YOU!'.

I created a further card so I could tuck it into a basket of goodies to give away to someone or to take to work for Valentine's as well. I did this one horizontally so I could see how it worked that way.


As it happens I need a baby boy card for a colleague that's just had a little boy and with a bit of extra work this design might look cute. I love when I get inspired for something else as I create one thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahh what cute valentines, im sure they will love them,