Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Crafty Women First Class

I taught the first class for Crafty Women on Monday this week and what a class we had! We had 17 altogether so it was quite full and alot of fun.

We made these cute little boxes with handles.

I made the box for the class simple but I added a bit more decoration to mine later.

The quote says 'a hug is a handshake from the heart'. We were supposed to be doing these for Valentine's Day but I couldn't get papers. I thought it could still be used for the event with the 'heart' quote and bright red cardstock. I got the papers from Capture the Magic (thanks Michelle for your help - what'd'ya think?) and I'm really excited that will be our first shopping trip for the group - COOL! - they're gonna love it. It's nice that they'll get to meet Michelle too since she's gonna teach for us in April - can't wait!!!!!!!!

I think I might line mine with tissue and fill it with some Valentine goodies for Vicky and the kids. I usually give them something for Valentine's Day so they'll love it.


It was so nice to see people join us for the first time. Here is Jackie deep in concentration - bless her!


It was nice to see people I hadn't seen in a long time. Helen (left) has been a strong supporter of our little group. Her and her friend (Debbie) have been supporting me since my classes for the West Suffolk College. It was lovely to see Debbie again and to see these two gals enjoying crafting together.



This is Teresa - she is the other half of the Esther and Teresa duo. Since I featured Esther concentrating on her crafting in a previous post I thought it was only fair to feature Teresa too. I have been very fond of these two (and their kids) for a long time now so I love seeing their smiling faces come through the door.

We made a quick card to go with the little box and despite a VERY late start I'm really glad everyone managed to get their card finished as well.


I might've been a bit GRUMPY (bossy more like) about getting an early start to class next time so I apologise. What many of you might not realise is that:

a. It's much harder to teach when trying to catch others up to speed

b. I work the next day so have to be up early

c. Dave has to wait up to bring me home (and we have to pack away the tables etc., before we can leave)

d. We usually give a lift to one or two girls which takes us even longer to get home.

I got home at 11.00 pm on Monday and was tired most of Tuesday as a result. I don't mean to moan again - WE JUST NEED TO START ON TIME OK!!!

NOW I can post the tutorial some of you have been waiting for.

If you didn't get the chance to share with me what you thought about our first project please do - I get an e-mail every time one of you posts a comment and I love that everyone can share in them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know how much i enjoyed the first class. The end result was wonderful. A great night of crafting and chatting. Well done Suezie, a great success.

suezie said...

Thank you so much. I just love having your support and your friendship. Soooo glad you got to bring Deb's along too. It was just like 'old times'. Thanks for your help in taking charge of your table for me.
I will work on the Parent & Toddler Easter project some time this evening hopefully.

Unknown said...

Hi Suezie
well done on your first class, the papers look fab and i think and excellent choice! looking forward to seeing the next one!
take care
Michelle