Monday, 30 March 2009

Walmart Comes to Bury (almost)

Walmart has finally come to Bury (well almost). Ok so it's really Asda but it's still part of the Walmart family ain't it!

I'm not gonna be shopping here for groceries every week but it's soooooo nice to have a bit more choice and not to have to run on over to the next big town everytime you want a bargain or to find something different.

Today was opening day so after dinner this evening hubby and I took a ride over there to CHECK IT OUT.
We didn't seem to have a whole bunch of stuff in our shopping cart but we still managed to spend over £20 just checking out the store!
Ok so weekends are different but during the week it's open 24 hours a day. Do you see that Mom? We do have a few stores here in England that stay open 24 hours - sort of anyway.
I want to see if they're doing an online shopping service since I prefer to shop on line and have it delivered. If they are then it's the icing on the cake for me.
Little ol' Bury ain't quite so little anymore since all the new builds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did they build the ASDA store. Why didn't they have all this stuff when I was able to make it over? Love, Mom