I decided it would be nice if we had name badges for those of us either teaching or involved in organising the event. By the time I got around to making them I didn't actually have much time so I literally had to throw these together so I could get to bed in time for an early start.
You may just about be able to catch glimpses of the detail in this photo. I cut them out using my new nestabilities and simply layered them up. I finished them off with some quickie punched flowers and faux dew drops (still lovin these).
This was first thing in the day before everyone had arrived as we were putting a few finishing touches in place. Check out the posh lighting!
One of Sara's pretty pastel banners that reads 'let's scrap' - such lovely colours. There were some really lovely touches too like the little cards for sharing your details with the other crafters if you wanted to. Someone said it reminded her of a 'dance card' that you filled up with partners wishing to dance with you except this was other crafters wishing to keep in touch. All these 'little things' made quite a difference.
Here's Rosina setting up shop with another banner that says 'let's shop'. We eventually moved the banner up a bit higher since it got hidden once we set everything out. Everyone close to Amanda pitched in to help out so the saying 'many hands make light work' was really put into practise.
All tallied up it was a whole day workshop with 4 main classes and a make 'n' take - all supplies included, plus fresh baked cookies (yummy) and drinks to start, a full dinner and desserts, more cake and coffee in the afternoon, plus a free goodie bag (worth at least £10) and shopping to boot. What more do you need from an all day workshop?
Can't wait until the next one now!
No comments:
Post a Comment