Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Mother's Day

Just wanted to share the card I made my mother for last Sunday. It was kinda rushed but she was pleased with it.


I forgot to take a picture of the gift I made her but since it's the second one I've made now I'm sure I'll make a third so I'll post the next one. It may be a class so I might have to wait to share it anyhow.
In case you can't make out the text it says:
Into a precious vessel God pours tenderness and love, an understanding heart, and all the joy a child dreams of. He gives her His compassion and a kindness like no other, then wraps her in a quiet strength and gently calls her mother.
I found the text while searching on my favourite site for sending free Christian e-cards www.dayspring.com
I added a verse of scripture just inside the liner of the card as well. How nice it is to be able to make a card with a verse like this instead of trying to find just the right one in a store.
I had a really nice Mother's Day. Four generations of women in our family were together in church that morning and I got to watch my daughter perform in an impromptu piece of drama as part of the service which was also nice for my mother to see.
We all turned out to watch Kaleb in his first ever march with the Boys Brigade. He's only just joined the youngest group - hence the red shirt and not blue but so far he is enjoying it.

He wasn't too sure what to make of the marching and for the second march I think he was a bit overwhelmed but he did real good.

It's good for kids to have something to be involved in and we hope he sticks with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tell Kaleb he looks very handsome in his red sweater. I'm glad he is involved in a group like that. Love, GreatGrandma Howard.

Anonymous said...

What a good looking young man, that God Son of mine. The picture was good enough to frame. Looks like a fun group, enjoy.
Love,Great Aunt Linda,
your U.S. Godmother.
P.S. Nice card Suezie!