Friday, 20 March 2009

Flower Stamps

I promised earlier to share photos of some of the cards I made during a demo using my 2 new flower stamps. I just knew when I saw these stamps at a trade show that they would be cute to work with. One is larger with 'happy birthday' on it and the other is smaller and features 'with love' in the centre.

This card was also used for a class so I kept it real simple. I would've preferred either some black ribbon atop the pink gingham tied into a knot on the right side or a thin black scalloped strip. Since we made 3 projects and ran over time I'm really glad I kept it simpler.

I had great fun adding pen dots to the petals and background. I sooooo lurve adding dots!
This one shows the larger stamp and has been stamped onto patterned paper - what could be easier than that?

This one showed a fun way of mixing up a couple of patterned papers. I love that a button looks perfect in the centre of each flower. Anything with ribbons or buttons and I am in my element - especially since I get to delve into the jars when I'm looking for just the right one - I could easily lose a whole afternoon just sifting through my jars of buttons.



I still feel this one needs something else - maybe because it was thrown together in a hurry but I love that it has a brown swirly stem and light brown leaves instead of the usual green ones.

Finally this is the last one I'm sharing tonight. It was a class project and features a double fold and unique way of closing the card with ribbon. Notice there is no sentiment at all in this flower so they can easily be adapted too. The class was cards for women. I never do Mother's Day cards because it's surprising how many times someone in the class has shared that they have lost their mother. I always do women's cards that give the option of adding 'mother' somewhere if they want to.
I am desperate to do a scrapbook page using these stamps. They can be layered up with plain circles that are offset to create a really funky looking flower and I can just picture them on a page - sooooo cute. Hope I get to do that real soon.




No comments: