Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Pinch Me - I Must Be Dreaming!

Quick! Somebody pinch me, I think I'm dreaming!
Over 2 years at least now I've been waiting to own even a single one of these nestabilities dies. All the way to America and back for Christmas with nestabilities top of my shopping list and I never even saw a single one. I was secretly gutted and then in the blink of an eye (ok the short space of an afternoon) I became the proud owner of not one single set but SIX!
Yes - count them - SIX!!!

And if anyone is wondering - YES they do work in both Sizzix and Big Shot, and Big Kick, and Cuttlebug, and Quickutz Revolution as well as the Spellbinders Wizard that they were designed for. There are complete instructions in the pack to convert to all of these other machines - how cool a product is that and they work a treat too.
These are just the tip of the iceberg and I can't wait to get playing with them since I think I'm demonstrating how to use them any day soon.
Like any craft product I add to my collection , safe and practical storage that I can live with is a priority. I have seen a couple of ideas where crafters have stuck magnetic strips inside the doors of their cupboards so that when they open the door there are all the sets ready to hand.
Not for me though. I decided I wanted something a bit more portable than that. I want to be able to grab a set and go with it, even take it to a workshop. The answer?
Clear CD cases. I first got this idea from Papertrey Ink stamp sets that store neatly in clear cases and I use big snap together CD boxes with lids to store them. Anyone who has Papertrey Ink stamps know that they provide clear sticky covers for the outside of the cases for perfect stamp placement (keeps every stamp in just the right place) and even spine labels for easy ID. All I have to do is open the box, grab and go and putting them back is just as easy. Best of all the boxes even look kinda cool if they sit out on the desk top. I am not a tidy person but even I can make good use of an easy organising system like this.
Well ever since then I've used these cases for all my other clear stamps so I didn't need to think twice about trying them for size with nestabilities.
Here is a close up shot (closed case). I stuck a magnetic strip wide enough to fit the set inside the case and nested up the scalloped set. Best of all I was able to do the same inside the other cover to nest up the matching plain set. All I need to do now is make up some adhesive labels of my own and I have the perfect storage system. There's no worry of damage as there was easily 1/8" or more space between both sets when the case is closed.
Now I can simply select the set I want, take out the matching plain and scallop size, cut and emboss and place them right back when I'm finished. They'd be real easy to lose if you didn't have some sort of a system I'm sure.
I am soooooo pleased Amanda decided to stock these so girlies if like me you've been searching for nestabilities in Bury, look no further than YTOC. They ain't exactly cheap but getting just one set makes collecting all those scalloped punches in every size available a thing of the past. That actually makes them better value and you can do so much more with them than just cut a scallop or two.
If you haven't seen them in action (or don't have a clue what I've been raving about) you need to catch my demo.
And I have a secret - ssssshhhh! There are even more on the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I want to have a go too, can we have them on our girls night
Eunice