Sunday, 23 August 2009

Thetford Craft Show

WOW what a day today was! To start with I didn't sleep a wink most of last night so I was starting the day real tired. Add to that the fact that it was a beautifully hot day, scorching almost and I was inside in the sweltering heat. I kid you not - customers had beads of sweat dripping down their faces and I felt stuck to my chair - YUK!

Anyhow I said I would show photos so here they are.

OK so I know neither Amanda or myself will like this photo but you know what - whatever I look like on the outside I am still very much me on the inside so I decided a couple of years ago to just get over it and deal with. This time around we all had these bright doodlebug aprons so we really felt like a team.
This was my spot for the day, surrounded by samples using various products and with just enough room to craft.

Here is a close up shot of just a few of the samples. We were giving free instructions for this pink bag (hearts) up front or for a box (shown in an earlier post) if customers purchased 2 or more products from my samples and the samples around the stall. They had a surprisingly wide choice.
As is typical whenever I purchase craft items stateside that I simply cannot get here they invariably turn up although not usually so fast! These are the newer Martha Stewart punches that Amanda has recently started stocking at YTOC. I didn't see my button punch featured here (or on any other stall that had them) but that's ok as I think my mom-in-love has it covered.

If you don't have one of these can I personally suggest that you get at least 1 - they are fab and have soooooo many uses. You only have to look closely at some of my samples to see how neat they are.
Here is Amanda again with just a fraction of the stall behind her. She stood on her feet pretty much all day since she has hurt her back and is feeling real poorly. Never the less she was a real trooper and soldiered on but I sure hope she (& me) get a good nights 'sound' sleep to help us feel better tomorrow.


Since we were giving instructions away to make this 'oh so cute' little bag I promised several gals I would post a better picture for them to look at. I was surprised just how many gals check my blog and also how many I recognised from the show earlier this year. I love to catch up with them and hear about the projects they've been doing - kinda like a crafting family. I love to hear their stories, share my knowledge and skills and hopefully inspire them to do even more fab crafting.
I wanted to share my two beautiful nieces from Idaho that feature in this sample project. It was lovely to use a different subject in photos for a change and how cute are these stamped flowers?

I couldn't share photos of the day without showing you the other half of our team modeling their FAB aprons. Rosina (left) and Kay (right) ran the bead stall this time around.


The stall was full of lovely beads for jewellery making. I love to just run my fingers through these when I'm wandering around the shop.
All in all it was a very full on day and is always a lot of work which is why I'm sure our entire team are very thankful it's not every day we do a show. The next big event is the 'all day workshop' in October but there are just a couple more spaces left if you want to be on that one. I'm sure I'll have several familiar faces in my classes.

No comments: