Now that it's finished I'm not sorry that I did and I feel soooooo much better for it!

My daughter Jess bought me these lovely Imaginisce designer papers from the 'fairest of them all' range and I knew when I saw them that I had taken shots of Maddy on a sleepover at Grandma's wearing one of her Disney Princess nightgowns that would be just perfect.
This is not my usual kind of page so I don't quite know where it came from but it works for me. I started it last night and eventually went to bed but woke up this morning thinking about it - how sad does that sound?

Jess also got me several glittery chipboard accents that I think were supposed to go with the cupcake range she gave me. While I would NEVER normally buy anything like this I had fun using these and might just re-consider next time. I stamped delicate pink swirls on my background paper and then added glue and fine clear glitter to make the page tie in with the glittery accents. It looks quite harsh up close but in real life it's soft and delicate which is just as well.

I used my trusty computer to add text to the page as I do with pretty much all of them - looks so much better. I decided to add the names of some of the Disney Princesses along the bottom of the page. Maddy can name them but DON'T ask her which is her favourite - they are ALL her favourite right now.

I wanted a lace feel to the page but decided against using a MS border punch (maybe I have OD'd on them a bit lately) so instead I used that lovely 'holey' paper from Capture the Magic that was a bit pricey. I bought just one sheet in white so I could ink it up to whatever colour I needed and this piece now has lovely delicate shades of pink here and there.
I have to smile when I look at this page cos Maddy stayed with me a few weeks back and I read her a princess story before tucking her in for the night. I always did the voices when I read to my girls but she just kept laughing at Grandma. I asked mummy the next day and she said she's stopped doing the voices cos Maddy laughs so much they both end up laughing and then she can't go on with the story!
What a funny, silly little bean she can be sometimes.
I hope Jess that you like what I did with my first play with these lovely fairytale papers. I promise I will use the fairytales & castles page with the cute matching rubber stamps next time - honest. Thanks again for gettin them for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment