So here goes in just 7 easy steps:

1. Separate the paper cases to line the tin - ONLY 1 per cake.

2. Add all the 'pre-mesured' ingredients to the bowl. Any good sponge recipe will do nicely.

3. Carefully mix the batter mastering the use of an electric hand mixer and if you're really clever you learn how to rotate the bowl as well - Maddy got an A+ for this! I was most impressed.

4. Work clean, like as in cleaning up the beaters (Maddy learnt how to use her finger instead of her tongue by watching Grandma). This also includes the bowl and any spoons that were used. 
5. Frost once cooled - this bit of the process can prove a bit tricky.

7. And finally presentation is everything. Use one of Grandma's cake stands (see mom I do use them now and then), add a pretty doily and there you have it.

5. Frost once cooled - this bit of the process can prove a bit tricky.

6. Quality Control is vital so the finished product should be thoroughly taste tested to determine its YUMMY factor.

7. And finally presentation is everything. Use one of Grandma's cake stands (see mom I do use them now and then), add a pretty doily and there you have it.
This was actually fun. I think Maddy could be a really good cook someday cos she picked things up really well. I did learn that she needs her own apron at Grandma's so I guess I'm gonna have to make her one. The one she was wearing was one of the girls Christmas aprons I made over 20 years ago would you believe. I still have them both hanging up and every one of the grandkids have worn one of them at some point. I even made grown up versions for mum & mom.
Think maybe I might have to make Maddy one with flowers and butterflies instead of snowmen though.
No comments:
Post a Comment