Saturday, 15 August 2009

Stand Up Card

I want to quickly share a card I managed to make today for Mom. I know I have a little package coming my way at some point so I wanted to have a card ready to send her.

I found this template by Penny Wessenauer whilst blog hopping - like you do - she shares it here: http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c191/d0npen/Card%20Templates/?action=view&current=StandUpCardtemplate.jpg

She has a few others she shares as well. Anyhow here's my (mom's) card.


I knew I wanted to use this lovely gold and cream embossed paper (actually wallpaper) and while my text is too large (I think it dominates the card so would make it smaller next time) the card turned out according to the basic concept I had in my mind when I started it.

I should mention that I have changed her template slightly in that I didn't have a sturdy 12 x 12 cream cardstock to work with and it didn't fit an A4. I created two halves from 2 x A4 sheets and overlapped the central panels. It worked a treat but once you start layering up the various pieces the card gets surprisingly heavy so your card HAS to be sturdy to begin with.


This is the flip side which is where you can write a personal message and is hidden once it's on display. I love that it's decorated from whatever angle you view it from.

It's intended to 'stand' on display so I made mine with a quote that could easily be displayed anywhere.

Mom I sure hope you like this when you eventually get it. Well I'm supposed to be babysitting my mother who is watching telly downstairs and dinner is in the oven so I'd best get back to it.

No comments: