Sunday, 16 August 2009

Early Hello Kitty B'day Card

My mother has been staying with me for the past couple of days while my sister was away because she is on day 6 post-op after having a pace maker fitted. She's not allowed to do several things for the next 4 weeks so she needs help and since I was home I was able to give it. Anyhow much as I love her she did 'cramp' my crafting style somewhat because I didn't want to ignore her - we did watch a couple of great period dramas this weekend though so it wasn't all bad and I did some sewing for her as well.

Since she went home at 7pm this evening I wanted to unwind with something but didn't want to think too hard. I decided to make one of the tri-fold cards that has been popping up everywhere lately. I just had to use another one of those oh so cute 'Hello Kitty' scraps again.


This is the card almost closed. It actually lies flat and is only 4" wide when closed. Do you see the flower at the front with the offset faux dewdrop? I'm really glad I spotted it as I was adding this post cos I just had to go fix it. I was so keen to get it on the blog tonight that I took pictures before it was completely dry!

This is the card open a bit more and you can see the centre panel that says 'happy birthday sweetie pie'. I used a set from PTI to add the text and I have decided to give this card to Maddycakes on her 5th b'day coming up in January - HEY it'll be here before you know it (so glad I have the bulk of Christmas shopping already done!)
The colour scheme was inspired by 'Hello Kitty' of course (pink, black & blue) and I think it's just perfect for a little girl turning 5yrs.

This is the card laid out completely flat so you can see each panel clearly. Since it was my first attempt it took some time to do. I'm sure if I made another one it would be much quicker.
I have a neat idea in my head for some 'Hello Kitty' bunting but need some embroidery floss in pink or blue. Once I get to the store and get some I'll post it here. I think we may have to do a 'Hello Kitty' b'day party for Maddy this time around - how cute would that be?
If you haven't entered for the 'Hello Kitty' freebie there's still plenty of time (see earlier post).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a really amazing and very pretty card. Bet it was the best on the mantelpiece!!! must try to find out how this is made.
Regards MandyH