His main b'day party was at Nowton Park. It was real simple with good old fashioned party food - you know like our kids had before it became trendy to host kids parties at restaurants. Mummy and Daddy had pitched in together to get him a Nintendo DS and they usually give the kids a choice of spending major money on a party with a low key pressie or the other way around.Kaleb wanted the pressie so now he and his brother both have a DS. It meant good old fashioned fun in the park playing rounders, football and an inexpensive cake but hey - he doesn't look at all bothered and everyone had a great time.

I had intended to bake him a cake to make up for his store bought 'tray' cake but got a phone call from my mother this morning just as I was about to start. She got a date to go have a pace maker fitted so goes into hospital on Wednesday. Those of you who follow my blog and are inclined to pray a prayer or two - one for mum would sure be appreciated.
Anyhow I ended up having to rush to the store so this is what he actually got - again I don't think he minded at all and he actually thought the candle was real funny. We took so long to actually get to blowing out the candle that we completely melted this guys hat. He thought that was an absolute riot!

Now that he's 7 he is reading real well so it was nice to see him take time to read his cards himself. He got a whole stash of cash so he's saving it for his week long visit at Aunty Jessie's so she can help him shop for games for the new DS.
Here are all 3 of the kiddywinkies checking out some DVD's he got and deciding which one to watch first. I realise now as I look at this photo just how much alike they all are.They sure do grow like weeds don't they?
No comments:
Post a Comment