Friday, 21 August 2009

Can You Believe These Are Peel-offs?

When Amanda gave me some of the new peel off designs to play with I have to admit I leaned toward the circles and dots but despite having made about 3 cards using them now I think I am beginning to change my mind.

I have always loved the look of paisley but been unsure sometimes how to use it. That being said I was a little nervous of using these new paisley peel offs. I needn't have worried - can you believe these are peel-offs? Aren't they just fab? And sooooo cheap and cheerful too!

Once I got into paisley and saw that I could re-create it I lost all fear. In fact I'd love to keep playing with these but when I stopped in at YTOC this afternoon Amanda gave me 4 new sets of stamps to play with for Sunday - OMG (oh my gosh) a girl can't do it ALL!

I decided to feature those MS border punches again, especially as we're taking them to the show. I don't know anyone who doesn't like to SEE what they can do with all these fab craft gadgets particularly if they're interested in buying them. I am constantly asked to demo the nestabilities and amazed at how many gals have them sitting at home unused simply because they don't quite know how they work!

I had to use my nestabilities dies for these cards. I simply built up my pattern of peel-offs on a reasonably sized piece of cardstock and then cut it out to the desired shape and size for my project. It doesn't matter that it goes off the edge as it adds to the design.


I've been using lots of 'add ons' like gems and faux dew drops lately so after I photographed my cards I decided to add something extra. I used a really small mini sized gem and then an even smaller 'micro' sized gem - I needed my glasses for those! I added some peel-off text from my stash and there you have it.

Well I guess since I have rubber stamps to play with I'd best try to get to it. I want to spend some time tomorrow packing my bag and organising a few sample projects to do at the show. I'm also hoping those lovely gals from StampinUp! will be there again this time around cos I want to do a make 'n' take when (if) I come up for air.

No comments: