I started creating a simple Easter card for my grand-daughter Maddy yesterday - just a bit here and there - nothing too taxing and I woke up with a view to adding something a bit more. So here's what I ended up with.
It's all a bit frilly and maybe a bit too much 'frou frou' for me really but bear in mind Maddy is only 6 so it should be perfect for her. Actually it would be a nice baby gift too especially full of pastel coloured onesies, socks or bibs.
This was the card I played around with - a simple cut on the fold using a nesty die, some chalking, gems and then a couple of layered circles and a bow. What could be easier? I wasn't up for any major crafting so I let my dies do all the work and I love how this new beaded circle die comes out - so, so cute as a card all on it's own. Wouldn't this make a sweet baby shower invite or thank you's? I still have the inside to decorate at some point.
I haven't gotten around to buying any Easter candy as yet. I am still struggling to walk so a trip round the grocery store is too much like hard work right now but I will fill this with pretty foiled chocolate eggs. For photgraphic purposes I raided the fridge and put real eggs in there LOL! It took about 9.
I enjoyed gathering up this pretty pale blue organza which is where all the 'frou frou' comes from but hey - I was tryin something different. If you don't try these things you don't know huh? I think I might make flower rosettes with the left over. That's maybe more my style.
And since I was desperate to use my Christmas WMS stamps I couldn't resist using one for a sweet little label. Have you seen the latest WMS release??? Go CHECK it out! The vintage bunting is to DIE for!!!
I used my computer for the text and the ducky image because it was easier on me plus it saved me digging for lots of inks and things. Now I'm all pooped out so I'm off to rest up all afternoon - don't want to give hubby any excuse for shaking his head at me now do I? Oh yes - and maybe I'd best put the eggs back in the fridge or he really will shake his head at me LOL!
Supplies: pail, cardstock, BoBunny dots, organza, gems, chalks, glossy accents, foam pads, ribbon, WMS stamps, MS border punch, Spellbinders beaded circles dies, tracing wheel.
Enjoy!
Hugs - Suezie





2 comments:
Looks great, did you have a cd rom for your image or did you find the duck on the web? I love the duck.
Eunice
oh i LOVE all the 'frou frou' :) Maddy is going to enjoy this!!
will have to try that card :)
Post a Comment