Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Waltzing Mouse Meets Cosmo Cricket

Well I genuinely am AMAZED that I was even able to do this page today!  I was feelin' soooooo crappy yesterday - seems to come and go in waves but just won't go completely - and today I was feelin' a bit better.  That said I had a gift I wanted to make for someone sweet so I sat and gently stamped my heart out today.  I had in mind to use those adorable WM 'homespun hugs' stamps and grabbed these bright Cosmo Cricket papers to work with.  I couldn't be happier with the outcome!


This page turned out sooooo pretty I am seriously gonna struggle to part with it.  In fact I already have in mind to recreate it so I can have a copy myself but sadly I've exhausted this paper so mine will just have to be different.


I made a rough sketch of what I wanted and I just lurve these flower stamps.  I based my sketch on an old page I did a few years ago that I really liked but kinda wanted to bring up to date and recreate so this time around I added words along my floral border and a further border at the bottom.


I have been desperate for the alphabet set from WM for some time but just kept forgetting to add it to my order each time.  How crazy is that?  I drive myself carzy at times!!!  This was the exact reason I wanted the stamps - so I could add lots of lovely text to my pages.

I am lovin' the 'folk art' kinda feel these colours and stamps gave my page.



Every single stamp I used was WMS (that was the whole idea) with the exception of that 'zigzag' stamp.  I can't recall who it's made by and I know mom sent it to me from an internet order years ago but I use it again and again and again.  I love stitching on pages whether it's for real, stamped or even faked LOL!

Well part with this page I must so as soon as someone takes me to the post office (still can't walk by myself just yet) it's going into the post.  Hope she likes it!

Gotta go - hubby's just arrived home and needs the computer.

Big HUGS!

Suezie

2 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh I love it and you have used my favorite WMS stamp set.

Rose said...

love this and those stamps are too cute :)