Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Each New Day

It's surprising just what each new day brings and there's no way of knowing what it'll be.  For instance I didn't think today that I'd have an unexpected visit from my mother and sister, or that my labyrinthitis would go completely haywire either!  I didn't know that I would be 'tagged' by a fellow crafter and blogger.  And I didn't know that when I played around with a pretty scrap of paper this morning - looking for a 'spring' feel project; one I had to set aside when my company came - that I'd end up with an adorable scrapbook paper wreath kinda thingy ( I finished it this evening).  Well just see for yourself - what would you call it?


I have thoroughly enjoyed making this project - not just because I got to use up lots of lovely paper scraps or to stamp but funnily enough because I got to use my glue gun for a change.  Okay so Christmas was the last time I used it and that wasn't so long ago but I love using my glue gun.  It made really quick work of sticking this project together.



All it took was some clever folding, a bunch of layering up and then 1 simple photo and a couple of die-cut shapes to create a pretty decorative piece that I think would look lovely hanging in Maddycakes room.  I have only submitted to a magazine once before (and got published) and I think this one would be a good choice to try again with maybe???  I think this would also make a cool class project too if I wanted to teach it - kind of a scrapbook project but still very different.

I am lovin that kinda 'bursting out' frame stamp from WMS by the way!  And even though my letters ran over the edge a bit I think it's a great stamp for scrapbooking titles.



For now this is hanging on a hook on the closet door in my craft room and it's so nice to have a '3D' project on display.  It has some real depth to it and I like the way it looks hanging there.  I think I'd enjoy making another one of these too but something tells me tomorrow is a 'whole new day' so who knows what it will bring? I sure couldn't have predicted today LOL!

Blessings!

Suezie

1 comment:

Rose said...

LOVE this!!! hope you had a great visit :)