I get regular email updates from several companies and blogs and decided I would have a go at casing a card designed by Papertrey Ink's very own Dawn McVey. I'm not too sure if it's etiquette to post a picture of anyone else's card (hope so) so here's the link to the post on Nicole Heady's blog and here's Dawn's card.
I have been playing with WM stamps this morning and the background on this card reminded me I have a similar kind of stamp. That got me thinkin could you repro a card using completely different stamps and while mine looks different the answer is YES - well kinda!
Here's my version.
Not quite the same but that's cool. I couldn't find my baker's twine ANYWHERE ???? Plus I seem to have lost that set of nesty dies too. I can't for the life of me remember when I last used them so that will worry me for the rest of the week now. Guess I still have a bunch more cleaning up to do in the room huh? I'm waitin' on my wallpaper border before I can get hubby back in there again and get us both spurred on again LOL!
Thankfully this shape wasn't too complicated so I could cut it by hand. I already had a spare banner with sentiment on the desk top so my colours somehow became red and blue rather than the pink Dawn used. It is different but it just shows what a little inspiration can do.
Hope it inspires some creativity of your own :-) As for me - well I think I've finally had enough crafting for one day and feel like a rest up with a good movie.
Hugs
Suezie



1 comment:
girl you cased this PERFECT!!! :)
Post a Comment