Monday, 7 March 2011

WMSC37 (and new stamps!)

Well I made it back into the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge today but not quite with the set of stamps I had in mind to use this morning.


Mr Postie literally shoved my new WM stamps through my letterbox today (and I do mean 'shove') and before I knew what had hit me I was delving into the new western sets. Now I NEVER in a million years thought I'd end up purchasing a set like this but the more I looked at it - and the fab samples from Clare's DT - the more I remembered photos I had and thought up ideas so I couldn't resist.  I am sooooooo not sorry I did either LOL! 


There's always a worry that you might not have enough uses for a set like this but if this is the first smattering of using these sets then I don't think I have anything to worry about.  Plus I now have a wealth of ideas for those 'oh so hard' guy cards.

I loved the brown ink on kraft card stock plus being able to use zigzag scissors.  And when was the last time anyone used eyelets?  Well technically I couldn't find the exact brads I was lookin for but that suited me fine.  I just happened to have 2 styles of bandana paper one of which added a really nice touch of 'western red' to my card.



I did a whole lot of distressing on this card too.  It was just cryin out for it!  And lastly I used a stamp from one of WMS nesty labels sets to frame up my cowboy on horseback.  I didn't want to cut him out in a circle cos that seemed kinda sissy to me - this had more of a 'branding iron' feel somehow.

Well this is now going into the Waltzing Mouse Sketch challenge AND going into my WMS gallery - cool LOL!  Now just where did I put those photos I have in mind?  Hhmmm???

And something tells me I might have to talk mummy round to a 'lil' cowpoke kinda birthday for Kaleb this year - that would be soooooo cute!  And if I can't get mummy to agree for Kaleb then the 'well hey there little lady' stamp in this set is just perfect for a pink cowgirl theme too.

Hugs

Suezie

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Woderful and warm card, really lovely.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Yee-haw. This is fantatic and such an adorable-feminine way to work with this set. Love the little tag you created peeking in form the side. Well done!

Karen Wilson said...

I LOVE that sentiment!!! Great card!!

Liza said...

Great work, I love the pink tones and your fab new stamps.

Liza x

Jean Martin said...

WOW! I love how you used this set! Don't you just LOVE getting packages from WMS?! I get giddy all the time!!! So glad you could join us at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this week! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Suezie! You did an amazing job with all your new WM stamps! Yee haw!!! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Rose said...

love the pink and brown :)

yea you getting to play with new goodies :)