Tuesday, 29 March 2011

As for Me and My House......

Well today I created another page using those 'oh so cute' Waltzing Mouse homespun stamps - namely the house.  I was keen to give this one a go with one of the scripture stamps from Verve featuring a verse from Joshua 24:15 'but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord'.


In truth the page may seem a bit bright with the yellow but then when you remember that it will eventually be under glass and these colours will tone down it's fine.  You know - a bit like wearing make-up when you wear glasses - you often need to add just a little bit more to see it once you put your glasses back on same kinda thing.



I tried to use as many WM stamps as I could again with the exception of the verse and that zigzag stamp that I love so much.  I even managed to use another frame stamp behind the house although next time I might change the background colour to kraft or something similar.  It all got a bit too much green by the time I added the leaves as well.

As I wanted different flowers I re-created those funky ones I first made last year using the rescue remedies set and a Spellbinders nestabilities die.  I love how different they look.



I'm pretty sure these papers are October Afternoon but I had already cut the label strips off - not sure why?  I love to stamp onto patterned papers so I have even used the text stamps onto the yellow floral paper as well as the larger circles.

I'm happy to gift this or equally happy to put it up for grabs if anyone is interested.  If nothing else I will have a lovely collection of Christmas gift pages by the time I'm done huh?  I really must try some toned down papers at some point I think.

Hope you like :-)

Suezie

1 comment:

Rose said...

i love the bright colors and of course that is the perfect verse to use :)
what?! that is not real sewing??? cheater! lol fantastic page girl :)