Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Coming Along Nicely

I was determined I wasn't gonna share photos of the daybed until the room was finished but it's coming along so nicely I can't help myself.

Last week I spent my first few hours sewing cushions, cushions and more cushions.  I am so very grateful to be blessed with creativity in more than one area and sewing is something I love to do.


I think both teddies like their new home.  No more having to move them off the sofas - one has a 'wound down' recording and it makes you jump when you happen to push on it by mistake LOL.  Well it does me anyway.


I made cushion covers in 4 different sizes by the time I was finished.  Giant red ones, medium to large blue ones, medium cream ones and a smaller folk heart one.  The folk heart fabric is my main accent fabric and was a bit expensive so I'm using it sparingly.


There are still lots of things to be done like the valance, a couple of blue bolster cusions for the sides and last but not least a small amount of fabric bunting - just 5 letters P O L L Y.  Already this looks like an inviting space with the sunlight streaming into the room and is a pretty focul point for the room.  Something tells me I might just spend even more time in this room than I do already. 

Now if I could just get my hands on the new wallpaper border to see how it all looks together and to cover up the gap between the beige and blue paint - patience Suezie, patience!

1 comment:

Rose said...

it does look inviting :) LOVE that quilt :) keep up the great work girlfriend :)

and when you get "patience" mastered, please pass on the secret to me *wink wink*