Monday, 7 February 2011

Handmade Gifts are so Special

Now that my camera has re-charged I can finally share a beautiful handmade gift I got early - it's not actually my birthday until tomorrow.  Kay had made me a desk set so I would have somewhere pretty to put my pens and my cuppa while I work.  How sweet was that :-)


It even has a matching ruler (always losing mine at work) and as it has my name on it I don't think this one would walk off my desk for too long before it came back to me. 


There was even a sweet little matching card with pretty scallops and pearls - how cute!


And I love how Kay decorated up the envelope with some pretty embossed detailing inside.


I was undecided as to whether to have it at home or take it to work to use but I think since I don't have any pretties on my desk at work I'll take it into the office.  I use a coaster for a cuppa already but this one is way prettier so I will swap it over.  It has lovely delicate glittered details and I just love, love, love that everything matches.  Kay proudly announced that she used up every scrap of that lovely paper so a shout out to her - 'way to go Kay!'

And I'm sure to get a few comments from the girls when they see it.  I'm always taking my hand made creations into work to show the girls so no doubt they will think I made it Kay but I will be sure to give all the credit to you I promise.  I can't wait to see how cute it looks on my desk.

And if I was feeling spoilt before then I am feeling thoroughly spoilt now - you just gotta love birthdays don't ya?

Thanks again Kay, Amanda and John - I love it.

1 comment:

Rose said...

oh this is a beautiful desk set!!! better glue it down to your desk so it doesn't "walk away" lol

Happy Birthday (a day late!)