Thursday, 3 February 2011

Am I Bad?

Am I bad to open a birthday pressie early? One was delivered to me today and I was home alone, just havin a PJ kinda day, with just the internet for company and feelin a bit useless so I opened it.  Right or wrong (sorry Pauline) I was soooooo glad I did!  I couldn't have had a nicer surprise so I feel really blessed today and I have my work colleague Pauline to thank for it.  She has been off with a foot injury so we're probably now both feeling a bit out of the loop.  How sweet was she to remember my birthday?

I just HAVE to share what she gave me.



First off when I opened the package this is what greeted me.  A dainty crocheted doily and I am left wondering just who might've made this.  Was this made by a lady with hidden talents?


I just adore doilies and crocheted lace.  Seeing this has reminded me I brought some back hand crocheted lace from mom's house that I can incorporate into my room.  This one is going into my craft room too.  I was just thinking the shelf was crying out for something like this.  I am the kind of person that has a crocheted runner on my dressing table, antique doilies draped over the mirror, lace trimmed shelving, lace table cloths and even a lace draped tester over our bed.  I love, love, love doilies!  So old fashioned but I love an older era - bring em back please!  I think this is why I love Michelle Wooderson's (PTI DT) crafting so much.


The doily alone would've been fab but there was MORE!  She had given me this sewing book - 101 great ways to 'sew a metre' and who doesn't have a metre of fabric sitting somewhere un-used?  How cool is this book?   I love it too!!!


It's frustrating I can't actually manage to do anything with it just yet but I can occupy my mind looking at all the lovely projects there are in here - all 101 of them LOL.  Show me a crafter, seamstress, knitter who doesn't like drooling over a craft book or magazine - I dare ya!  I am ear marking several pages Pauline.

I'm thinking I need to get me one of these small ironing boards to hang on the back of the door for pressing new seams - it's the only time I love to iron but how cool would a designer cover be?


I had actually been thinking about making something like this for the room already.  Hubby had put some rods up previously for my reels of ribbon but these are no longer on show (looked way too messy so they had to go) however, I kept them with a view to hanging fabric pockets from them so this has inspired me further.


I'm super excited about some of the bag ideas in here.  I wanted to make my daughters bags but ran out of time as well as inspiration.  I picked up some really cute transfers back home for a 'Christian Chick' in a lovely pink and brown bird design but never got around to a bag.  I know I can find one of these to do - and aren't the fabrics just divine?  Even the detailing on some of the pages is scrumptious.


There seems no end to the amount of inspiration and useful ideas for projects in this book but it may be hazardous to my health (just kiddin') - I love to use up every scrap and co-ordinate EVERYTHING - so something tells me I'll be making several projects to match.  Am I getting too excited about this book already?  If I can't make anything right now then it makes me want to rush out to my nearest book store and see what other great sewing books are out there - I haven't bought a sewing book in YEARS!  Just look what I've been missing!!!


Whew! Catch my breath a minute!  And then to top it all off Pauline had made me a lovely hand made card as well.  I just love getting a handmade card because I know someone has thought enough of me to take the time to make it and because they are all so different.  None of my photos here are great so I apologise for that - do you know how hard it is to aim a camera and keep it still when you can't stand up straight?  But if you look closely you may just see embossed roses on the deep pick scalloped circle.  I actually didn't notice these until I manipulated the photo but they're a really pretty touch.  Normally I would stage my shots a bit better but I just wanted to get these uploaded so I can go look at my new book LOL!

So the doily is going on the shelf that hubby put up last weekend, the card is going on the wall unit to enjoy looking at and the book is now coming downstairs with me for a nice visit with a cuppa and I am feeling thoroughly spoilt (and very blessed today).  It's already a good birthday and I haven't even got there yet and despite still suffering the Labyrinthitis I can tell I am feeling much better today than I have for months and it feels pretty good let me tell ya.  It's good to be back :-)

Blessings to you all

Suezie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. What a gorgeous doily that is and such a great book too. I know you will have fun with that.
Take care and have a good birthday when it really gets here!
x Tricia

Rose said...

oh how sweet of her :) i love doily's also, but with cats and their claws...........not a good mix i found out!

*so when is your bday???**

Happy Birthday :)