Friday, 11 February 2011

Am I Too Big to be Babysat?

As a grown-up am I too big to be babysat?

Well I was yesterday!  Jessica called a taxi and then dropped me off at YTOC so I could be babysat while she went off into town to shop and then came back to collect me.  Didn't think I'd ever hear myself saying anything like that now did I LOL!


While I was there I decided to make the most of it and asked Kay to show me how to make those beautiful roses that she does so well. 

I have seen endless tutorials for these (here's one) but even so I have yet to actually take the time and make one but Kay and Rosina have made loads!  Well yesterday I had an opportunity and by golly I took it.  Just look what we made.


Now Kay - you need to know what you started I think.  Rosina isn't the only one who got the bug to make more than just a couple of these.  Jess and I sat at my kitchen table last night and made a few more but then this morning while she was still asleep, hubby had gone to work and I was wondering just what to do with myself - I made even more!


These were our efforts last night.  Mine are the BoBunny polka dot plain cardstock ones and Jess of course chose some pretty BoBunny designs from Valentine's Day (last year). Hers are stunning!


Her colours are beautiful and she also chose to use a Sizzix flower die - the triple flower Hello Kitty die to be exact.  Same principles - just a different set of dies but hers have a kinda tropical feel to them.


I know this shot is slightly out of focus but I was aiming to get the sheer depth of this baby!


These are the ones I made last night.  I added leaves and then showed Jess how to make leaves as well.  They look really realistic don't they?  I HAVE soooooooo gotta do a class project using these!





They actually take a surprisingly small amount of shapes to make these.  I used a 2" scalloped circle for the centre which filled them out a bit more than my earlier ones.  A bit of adhesive tape, some glue, glossy accents, toothpick for curling, ink and not alot else and there you have it.  Kay uses a scallop circle, cut and wound up creating a swirl flower for the centre of her roses which looks really effective I think so I stuck with that idea. 

Check out my next post and I show you how to make those pretty realistic leaves.

1 comment:

Rose said...

oh i have got to try these :)