Thursday, 10 March 2011

A Gentle Afternoon

I knew a gentle afternoon might be just what the doctor ordered LOL!  I have been going stir-crazy cooped up at home lately so I decided to play with my new stamps some more.  I am soooooooo lovin' this new 'bitty banners' set.  Who'd have thought such a small set of stamps would be so much fun?

Now you know I DON'T do clean and simple too well right?  I just love the simplicty of these two cards I created today and I am so chuffed that I didn't even have to resist the urge to add more - there was no urge - I liked them just as they were!


This first one has to be my favourite in a long time.  I could teach this one for sure in a workshop and I just know I want to make more in different colour combinations to see how it looks.  I love the black border to this card too - sometimes I forget to use coloured card stock for my card blanks.



For this one I stamped the larger banner twice but it wasn't easy getting the second border stamp just right so it looked like one large triple pointed banner.  Thank goodness for those little stars - they hide a multitude of sins like smudges, joins etc. 

I mounted my banners flat but left the ends un-adhered (is that a word?) so I could curl up the ends just for fun.  I know my shots don't show that too well but they look real cute up close and for real.  I am sorely tempted to buy this set as gifts for several friends this year - not quite what I had on my shopping list - I just might have to re-think it.  Last time I did that it was with Papertrey Inks 'little ladybug' set - so, so cute I just HAD to share it with friends and family.

Tricia you'll be pleased to know I have a host of ideas rolling around in my head right now so I think the WMS workshop in May (with this set) is a MUST!

Now all I have to do is go tidy up the mess I made at the kitchen table before dinner - oops!  Well creative genius doesn't come without some kind of price ya know LOL!  I have yet to meet a 'neat' crafter so I'm certain I'm in good company.  Plus after so long away I'm really pleased to be adding several things to my Waltzing Mouse gallery again.

Hope you likey!

Suezie

4 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is absolutely adorable, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Suezie, I will look forward to that. Those cards are really not you but so cool. I know you struggle with CAS but they are really very effective and as usual your colours are great.
x Tricia

Karen Wilson said...

Hey Suezie! Love these cards!!! you know how I love simplicity!

You've been tagged..chk out my post here:

http://creationsbykw.blogspot.com/2011/03/tag-youre-it.html

Rose said...

Clean and Simple perfection!!! :)