Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Still Something Missing

I knew as soon as I saw this photo of my eldest grandson looking all moody and serious that I had to do a page so I enlarged the photo to 8 x 6 size. I actually love this shot of him since it's how we see him so often these days - real moody and solitary - but he has many sides to him so that's what I planned to journal about.
I also had a clear 'creative' idea in my mind of how I wanted the layout to look, the colours, the different elements but I have been 'picking' over it since Sunday trying to get it just right.

I decided to use some of the bits I had left from a StampinUp! kit that colour matched perfectly plus some striped designer paper which I had on hand and which made the colour co-ordinated background come together real easy. I used the large circle 'authentic' sticker to cover up his brothers hand that had sneaked into the shot. I tried to crop the photo prior to printing but every time I removed his brothers fingers I ended up chopping Zach's head off!


I still have to secure a few things to the page but I have reached a 'creative dilema' point. I think I want to change how I add his name, i.e. individual letters so it stands out and although I've mentioned his age in the journaling I want to add a large 9 somewhere on the page to highlight this is who he is at 9. I'm also toying with the idea of a couple of photo corners, brads or eyelets just to finish it off but I'm not sure yet. I don't want to risk spoiling it.

I like how it's shaping up so far but sometimes you just have to SIT on a page for a few days until it comes to you. Failing that I may actually have to trawl through my cupboards looking for just the right something that's missing. I guess really I'm trying to avoid that!

No comments: