Saturday, 18 July 2009

Another Demo Saturday

Today may have gotten off to a weird start - I don't know what happened - but it was a demo Saturday and as always it's become rather nice just to sit and chill and craft some.

I always love chatting to other crafters and it seems like I have a regular crowd now that come in to see me. How nice is that! Hi to you all (you know who you are) if you happen to be reading this.

I actually spent more time demonstrating the use of nestabilities and how to make mini envelopes to house a couple of cute cards I made. It just seemed that no sooner had I demonstrated something than someone else came along and wanted to see what they'd just missed so I had to do it again and again, but hey some days that's what I'm there for. Because of that I only got time to finish two cards so it was a good job I had boards from a previous session on display.

I played with some super inexpensive mini stamp sets (above and below) to create some quick and simple mini cards.


Sadly Amanda didn't have this die in or I could've sold 2 or 3 sets and maybe I should've checked before using this shape but I did say it was kind of a weird day. I don't know what I was thinking, if I even was?

Inside the card is cute cos it says 'poo happens'. I like this shape card so much I think I might make my next gift set of cards this shape. A square envelope works perfect for it too.

I have come away with some stamps to design with for the Thetford Show so that should keep me busy for awhile. I have been secretly looking at them for a while now wondering if I should get them (and I probably will now) so hopefully I can come up with lots of good ideas.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hello
I've just stumbled on your blog and just have to say it's amazing.
I've spent a lovely 30 minutes or so having a browse.
Your tuts are wonderful as is your work.
Thank you for sharing your talent
Anne x

camcraft said...

Hi.
I came across your blog while searching for shopping info. in readiness for our trip today to Bury St Edmunds. I popped into 'a touch of craft' came across some of your goregous samples, It made me want to buy the supplies to have a go with.
Your blog, tutorials are totally superb. Thank you for sharing.
Carole x