
There were sheets that had a single design on one side and four different design squares on the other so they were perfect for a mini square album and I had several recent photos of Maddy I was keen to use.
I didn't mount them on board because I would've lost some of the designs on the reverse so I plan to laminate the pages for durability and to make them 'wipe clean' and protect them from grubby little fingers.

I searched on Two Peas in a Bucket and found a lovely poem about fairies at the bottom of our garden (see below) which I thought worked really well for these garden photos especially when you read the ending.

I used my nestability dies to add interesting shapes and I love this large flower die.

Since Maddy thinks she is a fairy princess or queen I think she would approve.

I plan to add a whole bunch more to this mini album but I need to laminate it first. Then I can add some tags, ribbon, 3D flowers, buttons, gems and rub ons etc. Whatever takes my fancy really since I've already done all the journaling.

I can already see I am going to need some pretty strong glue to keep everything sturdy and intact.
I would love to finish this project but until I laminate I can go no further.
Fairies Poem
There are fairies at the bottom of our garden! It's not so very, very far away; You pass the gardner's shed and you just keep straight ahead. I do so hope they've really come to stay. There's a little wood, with moss in it and beetles, And a little stream that quietly runs through; You wouldn't think they'd dare to come merrymaking there. Well, they do. There are fairies at the bottom of our garden! They often have a dance on summer nights; The butterflies and bees make a lovely little breeze, And the rabbits stand about and hold the lights. Did you know that they could sit upon the moonbeams And pick a little star to make a fan, And dance away up there in the middle of the air? Well, they can. There are fairies at the bottom of our garden! You cannot think how beautiful they are; They all stand up and sing when the Fairy Queen and King Come gently floating down upon their car. The King is very proud and very handsome; The Queen - now you can guess who that could be? She's a little girl all day, but at night she steals away. Well, it's Me!
I love how this poem talks about the fairy queen being a girl by day and a fairy by night. After all a little girl has to dream sweet dreams doesn't she?
1 comment:
This is great Suezie, and I'm sure Maddie will love this, especially when she's a bigger girl, looking back at when she was younger. The apers are fab, you're right about wanting to see them all! Judith x
Post a Comment