My daughter is always on a tight budget so I figured if I gussied up the packaging we could get away with a simple gift idea too. You've heard it said 'an apple for the teacher' - well that's exactly what we chose. It's not so much the gift itself as the thought that counts but we still needed a way to make it look cute.

Because I was in a hurry I searched on office clipart and found this cute apple design as well as some co-ordinating background paper. All I needed to do was add the text to complete my decorative elements. I plan on buffing up that baby before giving it by the way.

Next I created a 3.5" x 3.5" square box with lid out of one and a half A4 sheets of cardstock and decorated it up. I used A4 card stock because it was much thicker than my 12 x 12 and I needed the box to be super sturdy - that baby weighed heavy! I had already purchased the juicy red apple so I could size up the box and it fit perfectly along with some celophane since I couldn't get my hands on white tissue paper even though I know I have some - somewhere. So frustrating when you know you have something but can't get your hands on it!
I think maybe I'll use a different ribbon. I actually had twine in mind for added effect but something tells me my ball ended up in the greenhouse down on our plot cos I can't find that either!I have the other 2 boxes half finished so I should get them done tomorrow evening and then all that's left is to make 3 cute cards. I think maybe I'll make mini cards since it's easier to make them simple and non-fussy.
Since the kids are all moving to a new school after the summer holidays I can use this idea again next year too - cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment