Vicky picked up the leaves I had printed out from a freebie on the internet that had cute messages of thanks for teachers and took them home. She added them to the apples she bought at M & S this morning when she dropped the boys off at school (last day today). I gave her my camera since I wanted to see what they looked like when they were finished.

I gave her stuff to wrap the basket up with and strict instructions to take a picture so I could see the finished basket.

Since Maddy is still in the pre-school class she has lots of helpers and she insisted on carrying this basket herself - aarrhhhhh, sweet little 4 year old moment - warm fuzzy feeling. Ok enough fuzzy feeling - she promptly dropped the darn thing. That is soooooo typical Maddy! There were several mums who admired the handmade gifts and who liked the simple ideas. During a recession when everyone is tightening their belts it's nice to get back to home made.
Speaking of which I HAVE to share the adorable hand crafted 'pen pots' that my little friend Ella made for her teachers. One of the gals at work brings her 5 year old daughter into to work for a few minutes before dropping her off at school just minutes down the road. Ella and I are buddies and often have a chat or colour or discuss her outfits, hair attire, just hang out etc.

Anyhow is this not the cutest dragonfly 'pen pot' you have ever seen? I love the flower base, the colours, the pom poms, sparkly wings - EVERYTHING. See home made is GOOD. I want one!

And she made a purple 'creepy crawly' spider one. Hope one of her teachers likes spiders!

And she made a 'stripey' bumble bee or is he a honey bee? Don't ya just love his oversized eyes!
I think she did a brilliant job at crafting these and better still I know her and mummy had fun doing it too. She gave them in these shiny gift bags with a pretty boxed pen to go in them and a Thornton's chocolate gift tag. Apparently they do these for just a round pound and you can have whatever you want written on them - how cool is that.
Teachers do a fabulous job of teaching our young ones and they take a suprisingly large amount of work home so they deserve a special treat. Hope they brought bags to school today to carry their booty home in.
Roll on summer hols!
No comments:
Post a Comment