Sunday, 28 June 2009

Fabulous New Shop!

I am sooooo excited about being able to share photos of our newest shop here in beautiful Bury St Edmunds, England. This is absolutely the kind of shop I drool over and while there are many pretty shops that try to recreate this look with modern products this shop is definately the real deal. It's called Elly Botilda.


You simply cannot walk past it without pausing and peering into the windows that house beautiful treasures from times gone by.
If you are a lover of lace, romantic roses, distressed chic or beautifully dressed dinner tables plus much more besides then this is a store definately not to be missed.

But it is more than that. If you need inspiration or ideas on how to put it all together to create the look you want then this shop provides that. If you want to enjoy the trip down memory lane, admiring the kind of things that Granny used to have sitting on her dresser then this shop provides that too. Like me, Vicky was in love with most things and she loves this look same as me.
Even my husband will take time out to browse through this kind of store and I am so thrilled to have it right here in Bury (actually only 15 minutes walk from our home). I love our little town with it's historic sights and pretty streets, (far too many restaurants) and I love that we have some really unique shops too.


This shop may not be some high class antique store - oh no - it's far better than that because it allows all of us to afford such beautiful treasures and to breathe new life into wonderful vintage furniture. As the store advertises - 'Vintage English & Scandinavian Furniture & Homeware'. I know in reality it houses furniture that many still have in common place in their homes but when they're dressed up they take on a whole new look so it's actually recycling! This is the kind of stuff we see dressed up in fancy magazines like the pretty table outdoors with a collection of mismatched crockery that just oozes style - you know the stuff I mean.

For anyone who is wondering just where this store is - it's in Abbeygate Street and has replaced Noah, Noah - a lovely store owned by the same owner as this one. While I loved the look of the clothes sold there I was never going to be a customer because I have neither the style or the size for them.

I can however, be a customer here at Elly Botilda, both for myself and for gift items for my daughter and friends who also love this look. I just wish I could say that my entire house looked like this but sadly only parts of it do. Maybe now I can look to change a few more things here at the house - who knows?

Can I find a complaint about this new shop? Only one. There were at least a half dozen things I would've bought straight away except for the 'sold' signs and one item I had missed buying by just 5 minutes!!! I'm told Wednesday's and Saturdays are best for catching something new. Good job then that I have Wednesday's as my day off huh?

Jilly if you're reading this I can feel a church coffee morning coming on and a trip to this store. You're just gonna love it.

I hope they do well and I hope they stay for a VERY VERY long time at least long enough for me to buy all the things I want!

No comments: