Saturday, 20 June 2009

Street Fair

Today as I left to go home Dave and I walked down St John's Street towards our allotment and they were having their annual street fair.

This is always a fun event with lots of street performers, brightly coloured bunting and balloons and most of the shops set up stalls outside on the street and get involved. There were fresh BBQ'd hamburgers from the pub and plenty of other food treats on sale. Dave and I settled for sharing a portion of chips - yum - at least if wee sharfe a portion then it's only half fattening.

There were splashes of colour absolutely everywhere. Shame we missed the 'morris dancing' that had just finished.

I love St John's Street because it's full of such an assortment of shops and almost everyone completely different to the next. It's the kind of street you visit if you're looking for a gift item or for something a bit different but at the same time it has several charity (thrift) shops too so it's a real mixture.

This weekend is going to be a really busy one for little ol' Bury St Edmunds. Today the street fair, tomorrow a big event out at Nowton Park and also the hidden gardens around town in aid of Hospice. I am heading for the hidden gardens with my bestest friend, my god-daughter and also Maddy. Hopefully there are enough of us to make sure she doesn't pick anyones prized specimens!
The batteries for my camera are charging as I type so I'm hoping for some really cool shots from tomorrow.
For now Mummy is off out for a girly night so we have 3 munchkins downstairs watching Peter Pan but who no doubt will be screaming to be fed (they're bottomless pits!) so I'm off to fix dinner. Will share photos from tomorrow if I get any good ones.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I saw some of this today too Suezie, also was the childrens school summer fayre - what a busy weekend!