Sometimes you are set a design challenge using something that simply doesn't inspire you at all and you have to work extra hard to 'get into' the creative flow. I know it happened to me just recently - BUT NOT TODAY!
Today I started to play with some stamps designed by Amanda's friend Marion Emberson and here they are. I am demonstrating with them next Saturday at YTOC and then again at the Thetford Craft Show in August.

They're clear stamps which are pretty much a staple for me these days. I have to fall, deeply, madly in love with any other kind of stamp to be even tempted to buy it (GOSH - how sad do I sound?)
Anyhow I knew I was going to be playing with these today and I actually woke up thinking about a few potential projects! I love, love, love when something inspires me like that cos one design idea just trips right into another and then before you know it you're tripping all over them there are so many.

Having said that I don't know now how impressed you're gonna be with this one but I always get excited about the one that gets the ball rolling and this morning this was it. I love this 'funky' flower that fits perfect on this 4.5 x 4.5 box. It should've been 3.5 x 3.5 but I made it larger to fit the flower with space. I am sooooo gonna make a 'windmill' on a stick with this today!
This is the view of the sides and I decided the text 'petals' were perfect for adding along strips of paper around all the sides. This was a super quick project once I got going and what a lovely thank you idea filled with one of those yummy giant cookies from M & S (drooling now - sorry).
I appreciate you can see the underside of my paper in this shot but I was trying to show the box slightly open. If you made the box from double sided card stock it would make up even easier and have a nice colour/pattern inside too.
I absolutely love stampin on patterened paper as long as the design is small and will take it nicely. I have actually made a heart design with this petal stamp and I'm feelin the need for a mini card coming on, plus I have several more ideas waiting to get out!
Will probably share more after Saturday and after Thetford so you gotta be there if you want to see or you'll just have to wait. Hope those of you who already have these stamps are getting inspired too.
1 comment:
Susie - you make great stuff. Such attention to detail. Have you thought about also becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator - it might suit your way of crafting!!
Anyway - really enjoyed my read through of your blog - great stuff!!
Rachel
Post a Comment