Well now I can personally vouch that she is a real sweetie too!
I have been seriously bummed out of late. SERIOUSLY that is an under statement. I am currently wrapped up in (what I hope wont be too long) a battle to get some much needed surgery undergone and behind me so I can get back to normal. I keep asking myself 'what is normal?' it's been soooo long since I've experienced it I'm not sure - but I'm pretty sure I'll know it when I finally get hold of it. Right now I am on what you might call 'stand by'.
This is the set she sent me. I fell head over heels for these little cuties as soon as I saw them but so much was going on at the time actually getting around to ordering them was harder than you'd think.I have been a fan of WM stamps from the get go and I'm pleased to share that Claire is working hard to improve them even more. She's already changed the materials used and has even improved her packaging with a newly designed info sheet in the back which details how to use, clean, store her stamps etc. I was suitably impressed. For me the mere fact that she is a crafter herself, one who knows what she wants from a stamp and knows how much she'd want to pay means a great deal. If you've never checked them out there is a link here on my blog.
SO........onto the stamps.
Second apology Claire - I was going to try real hard to keep these for my recovery - I do still expect surgery in the next few weeks or so - but much like chocolate does they were calling to me. I SWEAR (shouldn't swear I know) but I could hear them calling to me!
Actually it was kinda your doing cos I felt really really driven to make you a thank you card and nothing but your own stamps would do. My card is not finished just yet - I'm sharing a bit early but it will get there.

I confess I am taking my time with this for a couple of reasons. First of all I see my doc tomorrow to see if we can make that magic phone call to the hospital or if we have to wait some more so I am trying to have a super relaxing day - no pressure. Might help, might not but I'm trying anyway. My dear hubby is at my mother's laying a new lino floor in her bathroom bless him so I have been pottering around at home just doing laundry and a bit of crafting (he's also out at the church youth group this evening so I plan to chill with a movie later). The other reason is that I want it to be just perfect. I don't want to rush it and make a mistake. I am making a little something else to go with it but I wont share that until later - I don't want to spoil the surprise.
I picked up this 'My Mind's Eye' 6 x 6 paper pack when we visited my daughter a few weeks back. I simply loved the colour scheme. I love having 6 x 6 paper pads because you usually get a few sheets of every design and it takes the hard work out of co-ordinating everything. They're perfect for card making and scrapbooking alike - who says you have to use a whole 12 x 12 sheet anyway? I love that there are some embossed papers in here too.
I used just one single image and sentiment from this set - can't you just see all the possibilities? Easter is just around the corner and I can see this used to decorate boxes and bags, make cute little tags - all kinds of stuff. Anyhow I know I wont even scratch the surface of these so I'm looking forward to playing with them properly - just as soon as I get the date for my op.
While we're on the subject can I just say a big THANK YOU to everyone that has kept me in prayer these last few weeks. I not only appreciate it I rely on it. Sometimes, just sometimes I get a little bit too low to do it for myself and I'm sure it's what carries me through to a brighter day. Claire you brightened my day and also made up for a real 'crappy' week too. Thanks again.
Here's hoping my appointment tomorrow goes well. Hope you don't mind me sharing.
No comments:
Post a Comment