Thursday, 25 February 2010

Project Tuesday - On a Roll

Well I said I wanted to do more challenges this year and so far I'm doin pretty good. This week's PT project is a 'gift card holder' and here's my take on it.

My daughter is here visiting with me - actually she came down to take care of me since I was scheduled to have surgery on Monday. Anyhow she has taken over the kitchen table with an album she is creating and asked me to make this up for a friend who is due to have a birthday some time around when she gets back home.
She brought a supply of papers and embellishments with her so she let me choose from those.


I settled on some BoBunny papers that went together and chose to have a bird theme since a bird cage featured on the paper. She liked the idea of stamping 'happy bird-day' as a sentiment so we went with it.
I left the back inside cover for her to write her own message when she gives this to her friend. This shot shows the pocket tucked inside that holds the gift card.


I decided to add eyelets to thread the ribbon through - not sure why - just decided I wanted it this way. I used my nestabilities for the bird and then ran it through my Sizzix texture boutique to add some fun dots. It has a kind of cute look I think and she is real happy with my efforts but it wasn't easy to find a space to perch myself to work on I can tell ya.

She goes home on Friday but is set to come back down some time real soon when I will need her around again. She's a good kid, one who really shares my love of crafting so it's nice to have her with me for a while but she's also a 'daddy's girl' so she loves spending quality time with Dave when she's here. We miss seeing her and I know she misses home and family too.

There may still be time to get in on this week's project if you're up for a go. Some time soon they'll be announcing their additional design team members. Hopefully I'm still in the running - it's the first time I have ever put myself forward for something like this so my fingers are still crossed. The waiting is almost over!

7 comments:

LauraLaura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose said...

this is beautiful and what a sweet daughter you have :) i luv the eyelets for the ribbon!!

Lisa said...

WOW this is awesome! I love everything you did! So glad you could join us at PT!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous design Suezie, I LOVE the pretty colors and the beautiful chipboard!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles - Project Tuesday! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

Sarah Gough said...

Ohhh, love those flowers, congrats on making the design team!!!

LauraLaura said...

Yippee ! Congratulations, so pleased for you making the DT !!

KimS said...

Congrats on making the DT!!!!!Love everything about your giftcard holder!! That bird is just toooooooo "tweet"!