Thursday, 4 February 2010

I Treated Myself

Yesterday was my last class for a few months and it was so full we had to teach it downstairs rather than in the classroom. I have taught bigger classes before on several occasions but I do get concerned if there is a lot of equipment sharing which slows things down or a lot of 'newbies' cos there's only one of me. I hate to see a queue at the table and am real conscious how many times I hear myself saying 'I'll be right there' or 'I'll be there in a minute'. It takes me way back to cookery classes which were always a struggle cos I always needed the teacher and she was ALWAYS busy with someone else! Needless to say I didn't enjoy cookery very much at school.
Anyhow it went really well and having class downstairs worked too. In fact it was kinda nice and people were able to shop and wander around easier afterwards. I was busy but I enjoyed myself.
I managed to shop for myself as well. I had decided to use the money from the sale of my cupcake boxes to treat myself to a spinning tool.

I've been uummming and aarrhhing over whether or not to get one of these for a long time now. I know they're good but since I have at least two craft bags I wondered if I actually needed one. Since I am doing most of my crafting at the kitchen table these days (despite having an entire craft room) I thought it would make life easier and I could have things at my finger tips easier. Well that's the plan anyhow. I can tuck it away in a cupboard downstairs or maybe even make a cover like the one I made for the coffee machine so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.


This is the state that just one of my craft bags is in. This was after a recent crafting session and there was no way I wanted to tackle tidying it up to take it along to class last night. It could definate use some help huh?


I know from experience of gals who own a spinning tool that you can put a ton of stuff in one. So I wasn't surprised when I got my entire craft bag contents plus a whole bunch more stuff in it and still had a ton of room for more! I am sooooooo NOT a neat freak (far from it) but I do like the saying 'a place for everything and everything in it's place'. At least it starts out that way.



This is the view inside. I have a minimum of 7 punches in this baby at the moment and I could add even more! Of course I will probably change my mind several times on just what I want in it but I do know I need to go get a few more clear pencil cases. I use a couple of these to store several similar smaller items in (try saying that 5 times real fast!) so I can just grab a case, open it, take out and use what I want and then pop it back in, zip it up and shove it in my bag - yeah I did say SHOVE. I also like that I can see what I'm grabbing through the clear plastic.
I can throw several of these clear pencil cases in here easily. I do try to be organised IF I can.
Well I have a busy day ahead of me today. My kitchen smells delicious since I'm already baking stuff for my b'day lunch with the girlies this afternoon. I will have to be strong and not eat anything before then but it smells soooooooo good fresh from the oven.

This is what I have for breakfast this morning (the yellow one which I'm told has yummy lemon curd inside is mine). Rosemary, one of the gals in class made a whole tray of yummy cupcakes and I got a chocolate one for Dave and saved mine for this morning. Wasn't that so sweet? NOT the healthiest breakfast today I know but hey - ask me if I care? At least NOT today I don't.
Well groceries are due to be delivered this morning so I need to go get showered and get even busier. I am demonstrating my last demo for a while this Saturday so I might see some of you there.
P.S Get over to Claire's blog at Waltzing Mouse Stamps (link on right) and check out the new stamps. I am definately gonna have the Lil' Buddies set if I have any b'day money left over. If there's still time check out the WM blog hop and giveaway too. I enter these things - never won yet mind you - but it's still kind fun and exciting taking part. I just love Bonnie's creations best - so, so cute!

1 comment:

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Suezie, it was nice to see you and catch up with you today. I don't see you for ages at a time. Good luck with the surgery, and enjoy the extra buttons! The link to my other blog, and the metal flower is http://craftstampingquartet.blogspot.com take care, love your latest projects BTW! Judith x