Anyhow the latest project was a joy fold card. I changed the measurements slightly to get a square card (sorry girlies - I have a real thing for square cards). Sure hope that doesn't disqualify me?

Anyhow I decided to use up scraps of paper again - it's either use them or throw them away. I used a MS border punch on several edges, added lots of black - it's out on my worktop right now, used one of my Verve scripture stamps and just happened to grab some real pretty flowers that were sitting in a basket in front of me at the time. If I changed anything I would maybe add blue or black diamantes instead of the white snaps (upper right) but I foolishly added them right at the beginning instead if waiting till the end - you live and learn!

Here's a shot of the card standing - kind of a weird angle - sorry. It was hard to know just how to shoot this one, but you can see how one fold overlaps the other and then I held the whole thing closed with a black photo anchor.

I decided to cover all of the inside while I was at it. I am still undecided if I will add a square of white on top of the blue for the greeting or leave it as it is. Either way this one was another fun project and since they're still taking entries for their DT I may still be in with a shot - who knows?
Same as always the link is on the right hand side of my blog if you fancy playing along. If you've never done one of these let me encourage you to have a go. You don't need a blog to play - simply sign up to a gallery like SCS, upload your work to your own gallery and link from there. They're fun and they inspire you to get crafting too.
Now what can I make next? Oh yeah - I remembered I really HAVE to clean my craft room today or tomorrow - shame. Hey - maybe I'll find a quick little project in there somewhere :-)

This one wasn't super quick but I love the colour scheme and how it turned out.
2 comments:
this is beautiful and i love the scripture you used :)
thanks for joining us on Project Tuesday this week :)
I love this! Your colors and layout are wonderful! Just a sweet project all the way around! So glad you could join us at PT!
Post a Comment