One of my favourites is always the Sizzix stand - much smaller this time around but the samples were every bit as cute as you'd expect. I thought maybe I'd share a few snap shots with you.

Who could resist the 'English' garden tea party look? I fell head over heels for the cupcake cups. There were several things cleverly made from what we would call 'photo mount board' using Sizzix templates. This meant they had some real body to them and also that they scored up and assembled perfectly. I was megga impressed with these I have to say.

This tea cup die had been cut twice so that a little box could be sandwiched in between to hold the napkin. How cute would these be as place settings on the table in a pretty garden - a regular tea party for the girlies - young or old! I just love em'.

I loved these simple additions that decorated the garden chairs. And I was simply GUTTED when I saw this fabric - I very nearly bought a few yards of it when we went to visit my youngest daughter for my b'day recently - aaaarrrggghhhhhh! I am soooooo sorry I passed it up, especially since they had several colours too. I saw it on numerous stands this year which made it even worse!

Every section of the samples on display had a theme and this one was bright and breezy for some summer time fun.

I had marked off these word dies in the catalogue before we went but totally ignored the shaped templates. I gotta say - when you see them in action and made up in cute samples it really gives them a whole new life - don't ya just love these labels on jars? Super easy, super quick, especially for gift giving - you can fill a jar with just about ANYTHING and cut a quick label to match. Love, love, love it!

Of course there were lots of lovely things to see besides dies. paper and stamps and these tapestry projects were gorgeous. I loved the pretty pastel cupcakes and teapots and I am seeing the Union Jack absolutely everywhere in town these days so they caught my eye immediately. It is ubber trendy right now.

There were stitching projects for adults and children alike. It's all coming back into fashion and 'handmade' is the new chic these days. My first passion was for sewing long before I took up scrapbooking and card making so it all appealed to my creative side.

By the time we stumbled upon this stand the demonstrator had just given out her last supplies for these cute make 'n' take magnets (upper photo on tin lid). They featured cute sayings about chocolate and sweet stuff that had been stamped on shrink plastic and shrunk down real small for a tag. I consoled myself with a photo of them in case I ever want to do something similar but I would rather have DONE the make 'n' take!!!!!

And of course there were demonstrations by well known celebrities in the crafting world such as Tim Holtz. His demo stand was packed so it was really hard to get a shot and even harder when you have ladies video taping his demos (right of shot) and everyone jostling for pole position. I gave up fighting and standing on tippee toes after a while I'm afraid. There was lots more to do and see but if I were standing in front I might've stayed a while and watched.
All in all it was a busy day and a long one starting with a 5.30 am wake up call, a long drive with snowy roads (almost blizzard conditions at one point) and then the long drive home at the end of the day but I sure slept real good last night. I swear I drifted off dreaming of all those yummy papers and stamps and other goodies I just couldn't get out of my head. Now is that crafter's heaven or what?
All I have to do now is have PATIENCE and wait for it to arrive same as everyone else. Patience - never been one of my strong points that.
1 comment:
Many thanks for sharing your pics Suezie!!! would love to have been there!!!
Post a Comment