I had forgotten we had an extended meeting so when we broke half way through for coffee I figured that was my cue to bring on the cake as a nice surprise. It turned out I was the one being surprised - with some lovely gifts and an early b'day card from the gals at the office.

I was thrilled! I had been wondering just what I would put in the centre of the table when the girlies come over for a b'day lunch on Friday and these pretty flowers in a jug will do just fine. The pretty pink polka dot will work perfectly with the Cath Kidston bunting strung around my kitchen that I am simply refusing to take down right now. We put it up for Maddycakes 5th b'day recently and I want it for mine plus I want it still up for Zacheriah's a week later and who knows if she makes me a welcome home banner Jess might even put it up for when I come home from hospital to cheer me up. We spent long enough making it so we ought to make good use of it and Lord knows there is certainly enough of it!

This box is a good example of one that can be kept and copied so I'm definately doing that. I hadn't realised at the time but the chocolate buttons inside are actually chocolate buttons - for REAL!

Seriously! They are just about the sweetest buttons ever! I could hardly believe my eyes when I opened the box - which by the way was secured with a button and elastic loop - so simple but so effective considering the contents. I was also surprised to find they were each individually wrapped too. How neat is that? Well this led me immediately to start thinkin what I could do with them.

I'm sure there are lots of things but this is what I came up with first. These pretty little matchbooks are perfect for a single button. Couldn't you just see these as party favours for a baby shower - you know 'cute as a button' kinda thing - how adorable would that be?

I knew my WM 'homespun' set of stamps had some 'sewing' themed text and since I wanted to use one of these to say thanks to the gal who chose my gifts this one was perfect. She just happens to go to patchwork/quilting classes so it was doubly perfect.
All these lovely gifts came from good ol' Marks & Spencers including the gift card I nearly missed! I am planning on going shopping in Milton Keynes with my daughter for a few new things to take into hospital with me later this month so I will enjoy spending it. I'm like my mother in that way - new stuff when you go on holiday, new stuff when you go into hospital - ALWAYS - drives my hubby mad cos he's American and simply can't understand WHY? Hey - why the heck not?
I don't know the cost of the chocolates and of course I want to eat some these rather than just give them all away - after all they ARE MINE you know, but you can bet I'll be straight into M & S looking for more next time I'm in town. I'd go today but I'm not feelin so good so I'm havin a stay at home and 'rest up' kinda day today. I might just about manage to get my grocery shopping done on line, then lunch and a nap I think. My few days off get busy about tomorrow so I think I need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment