Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Cupcakes Galore!

My eldest grandson had his 10th b'day recently and they came to us for a b'day dinner. I decided I wanted to make him cupcakes in a football theme rather than make a big cake. FINE - until I looked for my piping bag and favourite tip that is! They were no where to be found.




A quick phone call to my daughter turned them up - at HER house from when she'd borrowed them last. Honestly if I lend anything to the girls it disappears for forever (and sometimes I NEVER get it back at all).




I wasn't happy with my efforts since I had to resort to using an inferior bag and less than perfect tip. Hey - I like what I know and I know what I like. Honestly I've had stuff in my kitchen for years that I rely on and can always get my hands on unless of course the girls have been round and raided!

Anyhow Zach didn't notice and he was really surprised and pleased with my efforts. Good job kids don't get so freaked out over this kinda stuff huh?



I was still sore over NOT being able to use my favourite bag and tip (yeah I know I'm a bit weird like that) so the following day after my daughter returned them I just had to have a go at putting things right. I decided to make some more cupcakes to take to work as it will be my last day for awhile. I had managed to find a new frosting recipe that was light and fluffy, almost 'mousse like' and much less sweet and heavy like some frostings can be. I was much happier about how these ones turned out - just like I knew they should - shame they didn't last long enough!

Might have to make some more while I'm away maybe. I have the idea of making chocolate flavoured cupcakes with green mint frosting - mmmmmmmm sounds yummy!

No comments: