I have fallen head over heels in love with these cuties. I love Dave too of course but he can't do for me what these beauties can, besides I have long had a list of other lovers (in a craft sense) and he has known he is a 'crafting widow' for many years now so I'm sure he won't mind me confessing to it publically.
As soon as the weekend arrived I got down to my local store that had a sale on them and bought even more of them. I am now working on perfecting the water colour technique and discovering what pens and paints work well. I am currently using a brush pen that has a refillable chamber for water (middle of picture) with a clear plastic lid as my pallette and trying out various pens for ink. This is ok so far but a really nice water colour set might be better - who knows?
This is only the second design I have made up into a card. I needed a thank you card for Annie and I wanted it to be really cute so this adorable little girl was perfect.
This is the finished card and is being delivered today. I sure hope she likes it and to spread the word I included some stamped samples so she could have fun with them too. I love that I have a new 'gift' idea as well as new inspiration for card giving. I think I am going to use these stamps for all my crafting girlfriends throughout 2009 complete with a 'ready made' gift inside.
The whole card has a 'spring' type feel to it which is good as Amanda (YTOC) has asked me to design a whole new board of cards for the shop with a 'spring' feel and colour scheme. I am getting in a 'spring' mood - I can feel it coming on.
While I know this isn't a great shot, I wanted to catch the light so I could show the pearlised detail on both the wings and the lace of her dress. When held flat they show up as white but when tilted to the side they catch the light and change colour. I intended to grab a glitter pen for the wings but these were some of the first ever paints I purchased and they just jumped into my hand when I opened the cupboard.
There are so many different mediums out there that I can keep experimenting and still keep discovering new ones.
I still continue to have a love affair with Papertrey Ink stamps (I used one for the 'thank you' text) and I vowed that once I discovered clear stamps I would never use anything else but I am thankfully mistaken and I take it all back.
To Mom, Debbie, Linda & Sandy can I just say I am going to get busy on your b'day cards so I hope I haven't missed them this year. I shall be e-mailing mom to check the dates and if I have then you'll still get a belated one.
I am creating a new category too - Stamping - just so I can feature my ever increasing stamping projects.
2 comments:
darling images! cute card! hugs-jd
just love the cute stamps, take a look at www.scor-pal.com, new Feb mag, looks like the lady is using the same stamps for her boxes.
Eunice
Post a Comment