Sunday, 8 February 2009

Old Baby, New Baby

Our new curate and his wife have just become parents for the first time and I needed a new baby card to go along with a pressie for the baby. I desperately searched through my old stash of handmade cards and things for a card to save me time but couldn't believe that all I had were cards for GIRLS!

I needed one for a boy!

Anyhow I decided to share a couple of old baby things from last year. The one above is supposed to be a circle album. It's technically unfinished as I had intended to tie ribbons around the ring and decorate the pages but this was as far as I got I guess.

This one was an attempt at a round card. It does actually stand but only because I sliced the smallest amount off the bottom to provide a straight edge. I doodled the buggy onto paper and then cut out the various pieces and added larger brads into the spirals for wheels. they're both a bit plain and simple but I was obviously in that place at the time I created them.



This is the new baby card I ended up having to make this morning and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I just love the green & blue colour scheme. It was done in a real hurry so I could finish it in time to take it to church today only to find that they weren't there.

Never mind - I had fun making it and I get to share it on my blog - plus when they do come back to church I am ready!

No comments: