I couldn't resist creating another heart slightly larger and layering up papers to satisfy my creative urge. This is what I came up with.
I used 'faux' stitching with a tracing wheel rather than get the machine out but I won't settle for this on my page. I knew I had some old crochet style lace so added it too. I maybe should've tied thread through the buttons but I didn't have the right colour so I left them untied.

I decided to close it a little differently. I used a StampinUp! punch and punched a rounded slit about 3/4" in from the right hand side on the back of the card. Then I ran ribbon through the slit, across the back of the card, round across the front, underneath the heart and left enough of a tail to tie the card closed. Since the sentiment says "sealed with a kiss" I felt it was nice to tie (seal) the card closed.
I love the delicate shades and the colour combination and especially love the dusky pink embossed cardstock which provides more fine detailing.
I have yet to be published in a magazine but this is one of the few cards I would seriously consider submitting for publication. If it's not considered being big-headed to say it, I love everything about it. If it wasn't going to Vicky and the kids I would seriously consider NOT parting with it. At least I know she will tuck it away and let me borrow it back if I need to.


No comments:
Post a Comment