Sunday, 8 February 2009

My Birthday 2009

Vicky and the kids came with us to church today and since it just happened to be my birthday as well they came back to the house for a light lunch and cake and icecream.
After lunch we watched a movie - Mamma Mia (the kids choice as they wanted to see it) and so Dave has finally seen the movie after trying so hard to avoid it for so long.
Before they left Vicky gave me my birthday pressie. She got me 3 lovely glass dishes. They're fab! I guess she bought them when she went to stay with her sister at Christmas so she's been waiting to give them to me.

Here are the three stacked one on top of the other. She couldn't decide whether to get 3 red ones, 3 clear ones or a mixture instead so she went with the mixture.

While they're modern they have an old look to them with pretty pedestals and decorative glass.


This is a view looking down onto the top of the clear stand and the detailing and pretty scalloped edge is just lovely.

There are actually 3 sizes - small, medium and large. There is a small and large red which when stacked together look really nice - shame you can't see the detailing in this photo though. Then there is a medium clear one.

While I love cake stands for cupcakes I know fruit would look equally nice in these stands. I have to say "I think Vicky did real good!"

I'm sure Dave thinks I need another cake stand like I need a hole in the head but I just love em to bits and I DO use them too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many new cake plates is that since Christmas? I count 5!!! They are all very pretty and I know you will use them for Crafty Women, etc. But where do you store them all? Just Kidding... Mom